During 2018, members have done research into the four chapels that have been features of Parish life in the past, namely
Grinacombe Moor Methodist Chapel (founded in 1844 as a Bible Christian chapel and re-built in 1898), which closed in June 2018;
Downicary Chapel, which was founded as a Wesleyan Chapel in 1815 and re-built in 1861 but closed in 2010, and was sold in 2013;
Rexon Cross Chapel, which was founded in 1860 as a Bible Christian chapel but closed in December 2013 and was sold in November 2014;
Thorn Cross Baptist Chapel, which was founded in 1881 but which closed just before its centenary.
Following the presentations at our March and June meetings, the research done so far relating to the four Chapels is now available on this website – just click on the images of those chapels below.