This is an introductory email from the Stakeholder Liaison Team, within Highways at Devon County Council. We deal with any scheduled works to be undertaken on behalf of Devon County Council, but this does not include Utility works such as SWW, Openreach etc.
Some of you may already have had the opportunity to meet/contact Phil or Caroline who are the Stakeholder Liaison Officers, but for those of you that haven’t, we will explain below. We now also have two Stakeholder Coordinators, Alison, and Melanie, who will be working alongside Phil and Caroline, and we wanted to introduce them and let you know what they can do to help you.
PHIL DURRANT – STAKEHOLDER RELATIONS OFFICER
ALISON – STAKEHOLDER RELATIONS CO-ORDINATOR
Covering South Hams, Teignbridge, West Devon, and Torridge
CAROLINE ANDERSON – STAKEHOLDER RELATIONS OFFICER
MELANIE – STAKEHOLDER RELATIONS CO-ORDINATOR
Covering North Devon, East Devon, Exeter, and Mid Devon
The team have been set up to liaise between contractors and the public, concentrating on keeping Councillors and Parishes especially, up to date on what is happening in their areas. You will be used to being emailed about upcoming roadworks that will affect you, but the Stakeholders can provide a more personal touch and are here to discuss any issues or concerns that you may have, and to help resolve any problems, if at all possible.
- We will ensure that any affected properties/businesses, schools etc, will be informed of upcoming works in plenty of time prior to the start date.
- We will liaise with the contractors and businesses to try and minimise any impact of upcoming works, in order to try and sort out any problems before they arise.
- We will be available to contact (within working hours 9 – 4.30 Mon – Fri) regards any specific individual access issues.
- We will endeavour to notify you of any works that we become aware of at very short notice, however, this might not always be possible.
- In the coming months we will be putting information on social media to raise awareness of annual works such as Gully Cleaning, Re-surfacing etc and when to expect them in the different areas.
- We already produce Webpages for the jobs that we anticipate will generate a lot of customer contact. These can be found via this link.
In the future we would like to send out a questionnaire asking what works well for you and what you would like to see going forward. We would welcome the sharing of information, knowledge and any ideas that could improve working together.
You can contact us by emailing: email@example.com or you can ring us on 01392 385084 and choose option 2 (Community Queries)